Are You Really Making Money In Food?
Well-designed food programs can drive significant sales, profits, and loyalty. However, many programs fail to achieve industry benchmarks as the root causes of profitability can be difficult to identify.
5 Pillars Of Foodservice Profitability
- Signature items
- Day-part relevance
- Value of variety: incremental vs. cannibalization
Value (Price & Promo)
- Pricing optimization: entry point, add-ons, competitive landscape
- Promotional effectiveness
- Loyalty programs: expand baskets & increase trip frequency
Work Design & Kitchen Layout
- Methods & processes
- Restaurant ergonomics: people = design
- Labor efficiency
- Scratch vs. outsource
- Wholesaler contracts
- Supply cost controls
Technology & Analytics
- Frictionless: kiosks, delivery, drive-thru, digital
- Production planning & recipe management
- Inventory management
- Data reporting
Changing consumer shopping habits are driving an evolution of foodservice offers and experiences.
It is paramount that operators revisit all areas of their food programs to ensure that true profitability is understood, improvement opportunities are identified, and gaps are closed.
With tobacco unit sales continuing to decline, trips down, and operating expenses soaring, many c-store retailers are turning to fresh […]
With ever-evolving consumer expectations, Unified Commerce positions retailers to deliver a consistent brand experience at every touchpoint of the customer’s […]
Innovation Can Reduce Waste And Increase Foodservice Profitability Chuck Ulie, foodservice editor for CSP Daily News, shared the following overview of […]
Want to stay in touch? Subscribe to the Newsletter