Today’s business and retail world requires integration of many processes and technologies. Keeping up with new technologies, successfully implementing them, and managing them on a day-to-day basis can be a challenge. Impact 21’s Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure services take the guess work out of the process. We offer end-to-end support of the entire technology stack—hardware, software, networks, applications, and facilities. This helps us insure that your IT capabilities support current business requirements and is positioned to grow with your company.
We lead IT initiatives with a keen eye to supporting the business via strategy and project management. We follow a three-phased approach to guide you through the integration of disparate systems and processes to ensure a return on investment as they move forward with new areas of automation.
Impact 21’s IT Infrastructure takes the guess work out of new technology, its implementation, and day-to-day management.
Three Phases of IT Success
1. Determine Priorities – Managing IT Systems for Decision Making
The constantly evolving technology landscape impacts your entire business. In addition to new capabilities and solutions, there are frequent software updates and new security risks. We help you manage your technology stack by identifying and documenting requirements from all functional departments and priorities for effective decision making. To develop comprehensive IT strategies, we determine whether the current systems provide sufficient support. We:
- Focus on key performance metrics and determine how decisions are made to support these objectives
- Evaluate current information and technology systems that support decision making and pinpoint gaps impeding your efforts
- Identify key business stakeholders to provide pertinent insights
- Identify gaps in IT and business department resources to support planned initiatives and define internal/external options for moving forward
- Assess needed systems, requirements, and functionality and reorder competing priorities
- Analyze the evaluation process results and determine the best approach to integrate information into your strategic planning initiative
2. Benchmark Solutions, Systems, and IT Structures
We integrate business unit priorities and retailer benchmarking into the strategic plan to identify options and quantify/qualify their impact.
3. Develop Strategic Technology Plan
Throughout all phases of your IT Management Initiative, we work closely with your team to review information, alternatives, and implications for your strategic direction. We ultimately develop a preferred plan and an alternative plan to present to your Senior Management or Board. Selected actions will be integrated into the plan:
- Align initiatives with business needs thus highlighting any strategic technology gaps; This provides a real-world view of must haves, should haves, and nice to haves
- Integrate business unit priorities and retailer benchmarking into the strategic plan
- Determine if existing proprietary systems should be replaced and determine priority
- Manage competing priorities—Stop-Start-Continue recommendations
- Review each existing IT initiative in progress and validate its fit to purpose
- Recommend a prioritization of IT initiatives to ensure the most effective impact to the business
- Implement industry best practices in terms of technology and process
- Provide an understanding of implications, timelines, budgets, resources, and potential ROI